Model II B.Com Computer Application undergraduate programme in commerce is being offered by the Post Graduate Department of Commerce since 2009. It is one of the most demanded courses in the contemporary academic world. This 3-year degree course will help the students to build a career in the areas of Accounting and Information Technology.
- To extend the knowledge in Business Law, Company Law, Entrepreneurship, Environment Studies, Economics, Statistics, Programming languages, Accounting software, and other major areas in Commerce.
- To extend the basic level knowledge to the fundamentals of research, communication skill, and soft skill development.
- To develop a basic level of knowledge in computer software and languages.
- To develop analytical and accounting skills and intellectual inquisitiveness to excel in the areas of Commerce and Management.
- To employ entrepreneurial and managerial skills in the field of business.
Programme Specific Outcome
Discuss the application of business and Accounting Knowledge in both theoretical and practical aspects.
Extend the knowledge in the conduct of online business transaction.
Prepare to enter Masters programmes and pursue professional programmes in the field of commerce and management.
Develop a basic level of knowledge in computer software and languages.
Analyse the scope of the business by adopting modern technology in the business practice.
Create entrepreneurial skills to initiate start ups.
The eligibility criteria for applying for B.Com Computer Application are:
Candidates must have passed Plus Two / equivalent examination or an examination recognised by Mg University as equivalent.
Model II B.Com Computer Application is a 3 year full time course with 6 semesters affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottyam. The course comprises of 33 Theory papers of which 6 are common courses, 4 are complementary courses, 17 are core courses 4 are optional courses an Open Course and a project & viva. In addition the programme also include 6 Practical papers. The Elective courses for Model II B.Com Computer Application are;
What you’ll study
Bachelor in Computer Application is an undergraduate degree course, a combination of Commerce and computer applications. The duration of the course is 3 years and the course is divided into 6 semesters. The study period includes various subjects such as:
- Information Technology for Business
- Information Technology for Office
- Computerized Accounting
- Programming in C Language
- Database Management System
On Successful Completion of Model II B.Com Finance and Taxation, the students will be able to enter into various job profiles in the arena of Finance as well as taxation, a few of them are listed below;
- Banking sector
- Insurance Sector
- Investment Bankert
- Financial Associate
- Tax Associate
- Financial Advisor
- Corporate Financial Associate
- Portfolio Consultant
- Tax practitioner
- HR Manager
- Sales Executive
- Computer Programmer
- Software Developer